Patch Personnel has been engaged by an established Systems Integrations service company which has clients across the ever-growing Energy and Resources sector. An opportunity is available for a Client-Side Control Systems Engineer to be located in Gold Coast, seconded to one of their major clients operating within Water.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will be seconded within the client’s Automation Team, delivering on asset management systems optimisation requirements, with excellent technical support and guidance from the client’s own head-office, located at southern end of Brisbane. This position will enable you variety in your day-to-day interactions.
- Analyse and assess the client operated control system to identify areas for improvement and optimization.
- Work closely with operators and stakeholders to gather relevant information and requirements.
- Develop and implement changes to the control system based on client instructions and industry best practices.
- Conduct thorough testing and validation of system changes to ensure functionality and reliability.
- Provide detailed documentation and reports on system modifications and updates.
- Participate in regular meetings and discussions with the client to provide progress updates and address any concerns
- Tertiary qualifications in Mechatronic / Automation Engineering or similar
- Demonstrated experience in a previous Control Systems Engineering position – specifically within Water
- RPEQ accreditation is ideal, or the eligibility to apply
- Schneider GeoSCADA/ClearSCADA and SCADAPack experience is essential
- Siemens – PCS7 experience is highly advantageous
- Additional platforms i.e. Yokogawa, Rockwell would also be well regarded
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to collaborate with operators and stakeholders would be a key factor of success in this role
- Representing the Client company, you would uphold the ethical, quality standards and the culture of the company
- Join a genuinely supportive and professional company, a well respected market-leader
- Career growth pathways available either into Management or develop within your chosen speciality
- Flexible working arrangement is on offer
For further information please contact Matt Burnett matt.burnett @patchpersonnel.com.
Only candidates with existing eligibility to work full time in Australia can be considered for this role at this time.